Why World Builders Unlimited

World Builders UnLimited is a full service world and universe builder. We not only build the worlds for you, we offer support for it.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Projects

World Builders Unlimited is both my story blog and my personal blog. I don't talk a lot about what is going on in my life, mostly because well I don't have a very exciting life. I am pretty darn busy keeping up with the day to day that not too much really exciting happens so these updates will most likely be infrequent. Have said that, this is the second one this week.

I want to take a moment to talk about two projects that I am currently working on. As most of you know, I am one of founding members of Flying Island Press. If you are not already subscriber there now would be a good time, so go ahead and do that. (Go ahead I'll wait.) ... Ok you are back. As excited as I am about Flying Island Press that is not what I wanted to talk to you about.

The first project that I am working on is a very personal one. About three years ago now, I started getting into podcasting. Without the number one person who convinced me to do that was Laurence Simon. While Laurence and I have differing views of the world and of story content, for good or ill he got me into podcasting. As a thank you to Laurence I am working on getting 100 stories together for his Christmas show this year. If you would like to get involved and write a story check out the post of earlier in the week here. I would greatly appreciate the help.

The second project that I am working on is something totally new. For a long time author and podcaster extraordinaire Michell Plested have been each other's alter egos. About 6 months ago we started joking about an idea. We were going to write a guide for the up and coming Mad Scientists. We quickly realized that we certainly did not have the corner on this market, and there was a lot of knowledge out there that would would be missing if you tried to write this ourselves. So A Method to The Madness: A Guide To The Super Evil was born.

I can't say enough how excited about this project I am. Submissions for essays and stories from mad scientists to the up and coming evil doctors of the world begins January First. So if you might just know one of these folks, or perhaps you yourself have such and alter ego, please take a look at that submission guidelines now before the opportunity is gone. Lesson one for the Evil Villain, "He who hesitates and monologues is lost."

No comments:

Post a Comment